Please ... don`t assume!

duminică, 12 iunie 2011

Please DON`T "Assume"


DON`T assume that because I look well that I feel well.
Looks can be very deceiving. Many days I may look great but feel terrible.

DON`T say "I know how you feel." No one knows how anyone else feels.
We all have varying thresholds of pain, and pain cannot be measured.

DON`T tell me about your friend and his injuries and how he managed in spite of it.
I am doing the best I can.

DON`T tell me "it could be worse" I DON`T need to be reminded.

DON`T be upset that you cannot ease my problems.
It won`t do any good for both of us to be miserable.

DON`T ask how I am feeling unless you really want to know.
You may hear allot more than you are prepared to listen to.

DON`T assume that because I did something yesterday that I can do it today.

DO realize I am angry and frustrated with the disease, not with you.

DO let me know you are available to help me if/when I ask.

DO understand why I cancel plans at the last minute, I never know from one day to the next how I will feel.

DO continue to invite me to activities.

Just because I'm unable to walk/bike ride along does not mean I can't meet you at the other end.

The MOST important thing is:
DON'T decide what I am capable of doing. Allow me to make those decisions myself.
There WILL be times I'm wrong, but I'll know soon enough.


2 comentarii:

Anonim spunea...

Da. Am incercat sa inteleg si poate cateodata mi`a fost mila , poate cateodata te`am tratat mai diferit , dar nu din rautate ci doar am vrut sa fiu cat mai aproape de tine , si da, ai dreptate , nimeni nu poate sti cum te simti azi , cum te vei simti maine , dar eu sper ca nu te`am suparat niciodata si ca voi ajunge sa te cunosc si sa ne tinem in brate ca 2 prieteni buni . Iti multumesc ca te cunosc draga mea draga .

Sweetie spunea...

Sunt ferm convinsa ca intr`o zi ne vom cunoaste si personal :-* Daca m`ai fi cunoscut inainte de accident, ai fi stiut ca accidentul nu m`a schimbat deloc. Nu ma deplasez in 2 picioruse ci in 4 roti ..si ce??? :D Sunt exact acelasi om ... cu un sufletel si o inimioara. Si atata timp cat am un sufletel nu cred ca sunt demna de mila. :-* :-* :-*

:)) ;)) ;;) :D ;) :p :(( :) :( :X =(( :-o :-/ :-* :| 8-} :)] ~x( :-t b-( :-L x( =))

Trimiteți un comentariu

 
 
 

•Persoane interesate•

toateBlogurile.ro